Yoga isn’t just for grownups! These may be the reasons you can rank on to jumpstart that yoga classes for your kids. Yoga poses are natural with kids; they do and exhibit it when they play around. When doing yoga, there are things you can incorporate to make it more meaningful and enjoyable for them.
Tips for a Fun Yoga
- Incorporate play with yoga. While kids do poses, you can ask them to for various animals pose. You can also ask them to accompany it with sounds, animal sounds at that.
- Practice 1, 2, 3’s in their poses. Let them do the counting while posing. It keeps them practicing plus they are holding their own time during the session.
- Narrate A, B, C’s as well. The alphabet can be a good idea to incorporate in classes. Narrate them while holding poses.
- Talk about benefits as well as the principle of non-harming if doing it with other kids.
- Break down classes into shorts span. Because kids are naturally having short attention span, make sure that you are offering different things after some time.
- Focus on balancing techniques. Do it gradually and according to the kids pace.
- Play games like name a yoga pose. This is for advance practice already when kids are already familiar with poses and has long yoga practice at hand already.
- Try some fun music in the background as well.
- Emphasize on the importance of breathing.
- It is best to do it at home together with you as a parent and with the instructor.
Things to Remember for Parents and Instructors
- Do not impose on kids. They are just children after all.
- Just have it as a fun experience, do not expect too much.
- Provide them with comfortable hot yoga clothes
- Enjoy it yourself.
- Explain to kids the rules and things to remember prior the session.
- Have them wear comfortable clothes.
- Keep them responsible for their action.
- Be there to guide and never let them feel inadequate.
- Be careful, be quick and be always there to avoid injuries.
Now, pretty good right? If you have kids, channeling the benefits of yoga from you to them is the most fulfilling thing to do. Knowing that they will have the advantage of the practice is rewarding even more than achieving your own personal goal. So checks out kids’ yoga now, start the practice, begin to teach them to live the yoga lifestyle, love this life even more and prepare them for life!
image credit by: yogawellbeing.com