It is pretty amazing how something as simple as remembering to drink water can be such a difficult task. It just goes to show you how busy were all are! In the past, I have been guilty of neglecting my water intake. As a result, I suffered with headaches, low energy and other telltale signs of dehydration. I knew I deserved better than to live life on an empty tank - it was time to be mindful. It's been a long time since that was a problem for me, mostly because I've come up with some foolproof ways to remember to squeeze in enough hydration in the course of a day. Here are my top tips for reminding yourself to drink enough water throughout the day:
- Start your day with a glass of water. If you make a habit of drinking a cup of fresh water as soon as you wake up, you'll start your day 8 ounces ahead of the game. Make it easy by leaving a bottle of water by your bed or placing a cup by the sink as a reminder.
- Download one of the many apps out there that will buzz your phone in regular intervals to remind you that it's time to drink some water.
- Buy a cute water bottle. Treat yourself to an adorable water bottle that can be your favorite accessory. Since you'll be taking it everywhere, you won't have any trouble remembering to sip.
- Use a straw. It seems so simply, but it really works. A straw just makes it easier to sip more water in less time!
- Make a game of it. Challenge yourself to get up in regular intervals and go get a glass of water. This is a great approach if you have a desk job, and you need excuses to get up and stretch your legs.